Required minimum number: 2 participants
Required maximum number: 2 participants
Maximum number of groups: 1
MONTEROSA TOUR 6 days course along the border between Switzerland and Italy
ATTENTION Séjour sur mesure / Inscription sous accord de l'encadrant
Mountainers with a first alpine experience like a 6 days Mont-Blanc course who want to improve their skills and knowledge. A good level of fitness is required.
Walking time is between 6 and 12 hours per day
Vertical elevation: 1700m max for the ascent of the DufourSpitze
Note that you carry your bagpack everyday with your gear and staff inside
Name : Christian APPERTET
Degree : Fully qualified IFMGA Mountain Guide
Phone : +336 70 77 04 60
E-mail : email@example.com
|Nb de personnes||1 - 2|
|Prix||2 370,00 €|
We will start that wonderful tour from Zermatt - Switzerland. During the trip, we’ll climb almost ten “4000m” peaks located in the Monte Rosa range along the border between Italy and Switzerland. We’ll end that tour by the ascent of the Dufourspitze (4634m) which is the second peak of the Alps.
Required minimum number: 2 participants
We are booked in half-board mountain hut accommodation and sleep inside dorms. There is usually no shower and the water is not drinkable. The mountain hut will be guarded.
If you reach Zermatt the day before the departure, you can book and stay at the Hotel Bahnhof : 00 41 27 967 24 06
As we are booked in half-board, we’ll take our breakfast and dinner at the hut.
Usually you can get an European breakfast and special meal can be ordered for vegetarians and vegans. Note that your picnic lunches, a thermos of tea and a bottle of mineral water can be ordered at the desk during the evening.
Starting : Lift from Zermat up to the Trockener Steg Station (2900m)
Ending : Train from the Rotenboden Station (2800m) back down to Zermatt
Police formalities : You need to bring your valid passport during the tour
Sanitary formalities : Warn your guide of any medical risk. To realize this stay in the best conditions, we advise you to make beforehand a medical balance sheet with your general practitioner to confirm your capacity for the trekking.
The participants are supposed to reach Chamonix by fair means.
Starting Saturday 5th August 2018 at 5.00 pm
Ending Friday 10th August 2018 at 5.00 pm
2370 € per participant
Elements described above concerning:
- guiding fees, organisation and mountain hut reservation
- group equipment (radio, gps, maps, ropes, first medical aid kit)
- transportation from Chamonix to Zermatt and return to Chamonix
- 5 x half-board mountain hut accomodation
- lift from Zermatt up to the Kleines Matterhorn station and train back down from the Rotenboden station to Zermatt
- mineral water, march tea, energizing food and picnic lunches for the guide
Elements described above concerning:
- transportation to Chamonix and back to your home
- accommodation in Chamonix the evening before the departure
- personal gear hire (boots, crampons, helmet, harness, ice axe)
- cancellation insurance
- mountain rescue insurance
- mineral water, march tea, energizing food and picnic taken inside mountain huts
- warm lunches, drinks and extras taken inside mountain huts
- Any unexpected costs incurred as a result of a change in the program (in agreement with the participants) due to adverse weather and snow conditions
Deposit of 30 % on registration. Balance in 30 days of the departure. Payments accepted by bank transfer or bank card.
Every participant have to be a holder of a civil liability as well as an individual guarantee multirisk with the aim of protecting itself incidents or accidents which can arise before either during the trekking.
If needed, we propose you several formulae of insurances, under the condition that your place of residence is in Europe:
- ASSISTANCE : repatriation / expenses of help and search in 1 % of the amount of the price,
- CANCELLATION in 3,5 % of the amount of the price
- In the case of purchase of both formulae, Assistance + cancellation to 4,5 %, you will be also covered for the interruption of stay.
General arrangements of Insurance on brochures Europ Assistance.
Special counsel from the mountain guide :
You are going to undertake an alpine trip in the Alps. In case of rescue in Switzerland, the cost for a rescue can be over 4000 CHF.
We strongly recommend that you take out medical assistance, rescue and repatriation insurance even if payment by some credit cards should covers you partially.
DAY 1 : Pollux
Meeting in Chamonix outside of tourism Office, 5.00a.m.
Gear and equipment check. Transportation by car to Täsch, then to Zermatt.
Lift up to the Kleines Matterhorn Station (3850m). We’ll cross the Breithorn Pass to reach the base of the Pollux (4092m). We’ll climb by it’s normal route and down by the same way. Descend the Giaciao di Verra and overnight stay at the Ayas hut (3425m)
D+ 450m ; 6h
DAY 2 : Castor
Ascend the North face of the Castor (4228m), then crossing the ridge to the Felikhorn. Descend on the italian side and overnight stay at the Quintino Sella hut (3585m)
D+ 800m ; 6h
DAY 3 : Naso Del Liskam
Ascend the Nose of Liskamm (4272m) and cross the Passo del Naso (4100m).
We’ll link by the Ascent of the Pyramide Vincent (4215m) and stay overnight at the Gnifetti hut (3650m) ; D+ 900m ; 7h
DAY 4 : Signalkuppe and Zumstein
Ascend the Balmenhorn Bivouac (4167m) linked by the Lisjoch (4256m) and the Signalkuppe (4559m) where we’ll stay for a short lunch inside the highest mountain hut of the Alps : The Margherita hut.
From there, we’ll reach the Zumsteinspitze (4563m) in an hour.
Depending on the conditions and fitness level, it will be possible to add the Parrotspitze (4432m) before to go back to Switzerland. Descend along the famous Grenzgletscher.
and overnight stay at the Monterosa hut (2883m) D+ 1270m ; 11h
DAY 5 : Dufourspitze
The ascent of the second peak of the Alps : The Dufourspitze (4634m) will be our biggest day ! Depending on the conditions and fitness level, it will be possible to add the Nordend (4609m) before to come back to the Monterosa hut for the last overnight.
D+1700m ; 12h
DAY 6 : Back to Zermatt
We’ll go down along a path linked by some scramble to get off the Grenzgletscher. A last rising path will bring us to the terminus : The Rotenboden railway station (2815m).
We’ll take the Train back down to Zermatt for the end of the course. D+400m ; 4h
NOTE : That program is supposed to be changed specially in case of adverse weather conditions. In any cases, we’ll propose another program after having a chat together and in agreement with the participants. We’ll try to react as much as possible to anticipate our reservations to get places inside mountain huts.
- fully rigid leather mountaineering boots
- 12 points adjustable steel crampons fitted with anti snow
- ice axe and helmet
- harness fitted with two screwgates
- 40 liters rucksack with raincoat
- 2 poles in three parts adjustable by clip fitted with ski baskets
CLOTHES AND LAYERS
- normal trousers
- Over trousers
- top base layers, medium fleece layer, down jacket
- top goretex insulation with large hood
- thick, warm and waterproof gloves, thin gloves
- warm hat, sun hat
- thick and warm socks, gaiters
- ski goggles, high protection level 4 sunglasses
- high protection sun cream, lip salve
- light knife, head torch fitted with new battery
- light sleeping bag liner
- ¾ liter thermos bottle
- water bottle 1l or camelback 1l
- energizing food
- phone, Ipod, re-charger,
- club membership
- passport, credit card
- cash in Euros & Swiss francs
Personal medical kit
- tape Elastoplast 3,5cm and double skin Compeed
- Aspirin, Paracétamol, Ibuprofène (pain killers)
- light sleeping pils Zolpidem 10mg (on prescription)
- Diamox (on prescription) or Coca homeopathic granulars to prevent altitude sickness
- personal medecines
- ear plugs
- mini tooth brush and paste
Not exhaustive list